Sat. Feb. 4th- Sun. Feb. 5th, 2012
Meet Sat. at 7am, United Methodist Church Parking Lot
Leaving promptly at 7:30am
We will be back Sunday at approx. 1-2pm.
As a past Troop 22 Scoutmaster, Mr. Ward has for nearly 30 years allowed Troop 22 special access to his property; an “Old Florida” tract of land beautifully situated under a canopy of live oak trees. Highlights include capture the flag, lashing, orienteering, clay pigeon shotgun shooting (for boys scouts already transitioned), a large BBQ dinner Saturday night (hopefully with wild game) and Sunday breakfast.
If you are a Webelos Scout or parent of a Webelos Scout there is no fee.
If you are a Boy Scout or parent of a Boy Scout in Troop 22 the fee is $15 per person. This includes Sat. Dinner, Sun. breakfast and shotgun ammunition.
should be filled out and delivered to Mr. Adams at the next Troop Meeting
Location: Ward’s Ranch is located in the town of Lily, SW Hardee County, Florida
Approximately 80 miles, a 1.5-hour car ride from Tampa
• Take I-75 south from Tampa to Moccasin Wallow Road/County Road 6, which is at Exit 229. This exit is approximately 27 miles from the Crosstown Expressway/I-75 intersection.
• Turn left or east onto Moccasin Wallow Road and go 5 miles to US 301.
• Turn right or south onto US 301 and go approximately 1 mile to County Road 675.
• Turn left or east onto CR 675 and go approximately 11 miles to SR 64.
• Turn left or east onto SR 64 and go approximately 18 miles to County Road 665. See Soloman’s Castle sign at SR 64 and CR 665 intersection. At this point you will have been in Hardee County for approximately 2 miles. If you cross Horse Creek on SR 64 you will have gone approximately ½ mile beyond CR 665.
•Turn right or south onto CR 665 and go approximately 9.5 miles to a rather sharp easterly curve of CR 665. At this curve Pine Level Rd. (a dirt road) begins in a southerly direction and Roberts Road (dirt) begins in a westerly direction. Where these 3 roads intersect is the community of Lily.
• Turn sharp right (west) where CR 665 goes east, onto the dirt road called Roberts Road. Do not go south on the other dirt road at this junction with is called Pine Level Road. If you travel east further on CR 665 approximately ½ mile from this intersection, you will cross a concrete bridge going over Horse Creek and will have missed Roberts Road. You should turn around and go back west and reorient yourself.
• Go west on Roberts Road for approximately 2.5 miles, until you reach a closed galvanized pipe gate in the road, which is the entryway into our pasture. This gate should be unlocked.
After opening and closing this galvanized pipe gate, continue west along a pasture road, on the left side of which is a wire fence marking our south pasture boundary. Part of this road is on a dike going through a marsh on each side of it. After about ¾ of a mile on this dike road you will come to an oak hammock on the west side of the marsh, at which point you will turn right (north) and go through this oak hammock, for about ¼ of a mile; then you will cross a culverted canal and find the campsite within a few hundred yards further north in another oak hammock.
If once inside the pasture you are confused, blow your horn and someone will come to your rescue.
Location of the intersection of CR 665, Pine Level Rd and Robert’s Road
Any questions regarding this event should be directed to Al Adams at email@example.com, 813-293-6475