Mr. Fatica and I will be producing a video using footage and stills shot at this Summer's Camp Woodruff. Where else but a scout camp could I leave a $4k camera unattended during breakfast to capture this.
me src=”http://player.vimeo.com/video/14410236?portrait=0&loop=1″ width=”638″ height=”359″ frameborder=”0″>
Timelapse of the sun rising over lake Woodruff at Boyscout Camp Woodruff in Blairsville Georgia.
perfect way to get a girl back and
As we look back on another great Summer Camp at Woodruff Scout Reservation, it is a pleasure to see
will your boyfriend be back, how to get your girlfriend back when she says you are a know it all jealous person.
the commitment and enthusiasm of our Scouts. Summer Camp is a great opportunity to have fun, but it does require a great deal of focus and effort in learning new skills, earning merit badges, and making progress towards advancement. Congratulations
how to get a girl to want you back after a brake up, text your ex backtext your ex back free download.
to all the new guys for their hard work in learning Mountain Man skills and still having fun in the process.
Congrats also to a new corps of adult leaders. The time invested away from family and work involves great sacrifice. As if that were not enough, our new leaders spent much of their time being trained, learning the aims and purposes of the Scouting program, and mastering new skills (knots, first aid, etc.). Based on what I observed, they ate better than the rest of us on the day they learned cooking skills and got to enjoy the fruits of their labor! Nonetheless, being a Scouter is a labor of love and it takes even greater dedication to complete the training process. Thank you to Messrs. Anzalone, Bejos, Cohn, Giammarco, Ginex, and Widoff for your commitment to being a T-22 Trained Leader and for putting forth the effort to make our program the best it can be.
Another big thank you to Messrs. Fatica and Widoff for your efforts to capture this experience on film (I guess I should say tape, card, or disk). From personal observation, these two guys are some of the most creative folks I know. We are blessed to have their skills in T-22 and I am very eager to see their final product. I am sure that this will not only be top notch entertainment for our September Court of Honor, but also will be a useful tool in our upcoming recruiting efforts.
I hope all the boys have managed to get some rest and were promptly re-introduced to a bar of soap when they got home – - the Call of the Wild was overtaken by the Smell of the Wild by late Thursday!
I also hope to channel our momentum and energy as we look forward to Scouting’s Fall Season kick off!
-Mr. Gadsby (Committee Chair T-22)
The extended forecast for Blairsville, GA area is calling for a chance of thunderstorms every day of camp. High temperatures will be hovering around 90 Saturday and Sunday, with the temperature somewhere around 80-82 the rest of the week.
Scouts, especially, need to keep this in mind when packing for your trip. Please make certain to pack rain gear and a pair of shoes that will keep your feet dry. This doesn’t mean we are going to be a soggy mess all week long, but it does mean we should “Be Prepared”!
Another great adventure begins in approximately 48 hours; don’t create another big adventure by waiting until the absolute last minute to take care of these details:
If you have not turned in a 3 parts of your Medical forms, you need to get that done by a physician now!!!!
The cost for this is $8 and that includes the gratuity (tip).
** I will collect this money at the church Saturday morning and I am requesting EXACT CHANGE, as in three Washingtons and a Lincoln, or any combination that adds up to EIGHT DOLLARS. Things will be hectic that morning and to reduce the headache of trying to make change for more than 30 people, Bank of Fatica is requesting EXACT CHANGE. You have two days to get it done, so please make sure to bring me EXACT CHANGE totaling 8 DOLLARS on Saturday morning.
DID YOU REMEMBER:
* A small container of dish soap or laundry soap? The soap can be used for hand washing your clothes if they get soiled and you run out of extras. (Mini travel containers with a sealable flip-top spout at Walmart or Target are perfect for this)
* Clothes line? (for hanging up towels and bathing suits, airing out sleeping bags)
* A small or medium sized notepad and pencil? You may want to take notes, especially for some of your merit badge sessions. A stenographer’s notepad is good for this use.
* An extra set of batteries? Flashlights don’t stay bright forever.
* How ’bout a garbage bag so you can keep your dirty clothes separated from your clean ones? To save space in your pack, re-fold your dirty clothes and pack them as you would your clean ones. This works better than just wadding everything up.
* Plenty of extra socks? Keep your feet happy by wearing socks, even if it’s just ankle socks. Your feet will enjoy the comfort of extra padding, protection from blisters, and saving your tent partner from gagging from the stench of sweaty feet jammed in to your shoes all day long.
* A personal first aid kit? It doesn’t have to be fancy, but even an Altoids tin with some Band-Aids in it will be handy.
* Money for the Trading Post? The Woodruff trading post will have all kinds of really great things in it, including a fantastic selection of tee-shirts, caps, patches, and a nice assortment of refreshments.
See you all Saturday morning!
Yours in Scouting,
See and sign up for events, meetings, Get blue cards and more