CONGRATULATIONS ARE IN ORDER…
* To trumpet player BRIAN N, who was recognized back on May 27 at the Wilson Middle School Spring Band Concert for being named to the All-County Band for Hillsborough County! Brian recently volunteered to be the troop bugler, so we know we got a quality note coming. Way to go, Brian!
* To CASSIAN O. and KEILER S. for successfully completing their Citizenship in the Nation merit badge at the last district Roundtable meeting!
* To Mr. Cohn for being named to the Tocobaga District Cub Scout Roundtable Staff!
* To the adult leaders of Troop 22 for being awarded the Best Attendance for Roundtable this year! Our troop had the most consistency in attending the district’s monthly Roundtable meetings. This is where all the adult leaders for the Greater Tampa area meet to exchange ideas, learn what’s going on in our district and council, and to get training when offered.
SUMMER CAMP NOTES
It won’t be long before we are loading up in a bus to head north to Georgia for a week of great Scouting. We have just six weeks remaining until our departure so think about the following:
* Medical Forms. Do you have completed medical forms ready? All summer camp attendees need to have had a physical checkup with the proper BSA-approved medical forms. All three sections must be completed, since our activity will be longer than 72 hours. This form is good for one year. If you or your son have recently had a physical, then your physician can simply complete and sign the form. Mr. Dinsmore will need to have these forms prior to our departure.
* Packing. Be certain to read your Scout Handbooks for what to pack for summer camp. You will be there for one week, so you will need plenty of clothes, towels, swim trunks and gear to prepare you for all types of weather, both rain and shine. I am going to see if we can arrange a night or two prior to
camp for boys to bring their packs for inspection so we’ll be able to make sure the younger Scouts are prepared for a week of fun.
PATHFINDING MERIT BADGE UPDATE
A number of you have expressed interest in earning this classic merit badge, which is being offered for this year only. I am proposing some dates in July prior to summer camp where we can meet, preferably two consecutive days at the Magnolia Building (where we now have our regular meetings). I think it’s realistic we can have two 1.5 hour sessions to get it done. I emailed requirements and sent out links for this last month. If you need them again, please let me know.
Here’s hoping all of you are having a great start to your summer plans!
Yours in Scouting,
Kim Fatica, Assistant Scoutmaster